The arts encompass so many different things – theater, music, painting, sculpting…the list goes on and on.
So this week, why not try your hand at something new? Here are some fun ideas:
- Water color painting
- Act out a scene from a play
- Go see a play performed
- Create a scrapbook about your summer
- Make a clay sculpture
- Decorate a white plate or mug with sharpie markers and bake at 350 for 30 min. to make it permanent.
- Make your own stained glass window with wax paper and crayon shavings (melt shavings between wax paper with an iron)
- Make some paper towel tube art
- Give your child a camera and let them play with photography
- Try out a new musical instrument or make your own instruments from things found around the house!
- Make some scratch art! Draw a simple picture, and color it in with brightly colored oil pastels. Then cover the whole picture in black pastel. Scratch it off to make a neat looking picture.
Most importantly, have fun and be creative! If you have a fun arts idea or project, feel free to share in the comments!